This course satisfies the requirements set forth by the SAFE Act for a comprehensive 11-hour continuing education course for mortgage loan originators. SAFE Comprehensive: Compliance in Action 2018 covers topics required by the SAFE Act: (3hrs) of federal law, (2hrs) of nontraditional mortgage lending, (2hrs) of ethics (which shall include fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues), (1hr) of undefined education (elective), and New York state-specific law elective (3hrs).
Course Offerings | Format: Classroom | Public & Private Courses Available
NYAMB offers one (1) public 11 Hour Course in each of our Regions (Long Island, Lower Hudson, North East & Western) starting in the Fall each year. In addition to our public course offering, we offer private courses for companies wishing to host a private class for their employees (mlos). For inquiries about setting up a private course offer please send your request with the following information to email@example.com (company name, requested date , full address for course location & number of students. Please note: a minimum of 12 students are needed to host a private course offering. Please be sure to check our course calendar for availability.
Registration Requirements | Policy & Requirements for Satisfy Your Course Completition
- Registrations must agree with all course policy put forth by NYAMB and Rules of Conduct put forth by the NMLS
- Each student must hold an active license and provide their individual NMLS # at the time of registration & on-site during student check in.
- Each student must have in possession an current US Gov't photo ID (drivers license or passport) at the time of registration and on-site during student check in.
- Each student will be required to complete the full 11 Hour classroom course to receive credit for the class and will be required to sign in and out with the course proctor the day of the class. (any student who leaves without signing out will not be granted a certificate of course completion)
- Each student is expected to participate in class room & group activities.
- Each student who meets the above requirements will receive upon completion of the 11 hour class a certificate of completion signed by the approved lead instructor for their record. Lost or damaged certificates are replaceable for a fee of $25 per issue request.
- NYAMB is responsible for the recording to NMLS all student course completion within 10 business days from the date of course completion. Students who do not provide an acurate combination of their name and nmls# will NOT be recorded with the NMLS as have completed the required 11 Hour course.
- Questions must be sent in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Course Calendar (open to the public)
- Long Island Region: Tuesday, September 25, 2018
CW Post LI University, 720 Northern Blvd, Brookville, NY 11548
Instructor(s) John L. Commons & Richard Biondi
- Western Region : Thursday, September 27, 2018
Hunt University, 432 Dick Rd., Depew NY 14043
Instructor(s) Michael Bonito & Linda Mallia
- North East Region: Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Glenn Falls Country Club, 211 Round Pond Rd., Queensbury, NY 12804
Instructor(s) John L. Commons & Robert Duquette
Public courses are open to all Mortgage Loan Originators with a valid NMLS# & Government photo ID.
- Lower Hudson: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
The Woman's Club, 305 Ridgeway, White Plains, NY 10605
Instructor(s) Lou Borsellino & John L. Commons
Lunch Sponsorship Opportunities available (1 sponsor per location) first-come-first served. Sponsorship $1,500.00 includes; Banner displayed on site, logo on e-marketing flyer, website and social media marketing.
Private Course Offerings
Private course offerings are offered to private companies and will require a registration passcode to register. Companies wishing to schedule a private course offering must have a minimum of 12 students and an approved location by NYAMB. Course requests must be sent in writing to: email@example.com and include; proposed date, address, and number of students/mlo's.
Sponsorship for private courses are not permitted.
Registration includes: student course book, nmls recording fees, certificate of completion, coffee & water (lunch options available at certain facilities subject to out of pocket expense to student)
At-the-door registration permitted based on seat availability and subject to an additional $25 registration fee. Replacement certificate fee: $25 per issuance.
- NYAMB Members: $189.00 (per person/pre-registered)
- Non-Members: $289.00 (per person/pre-registered)
Cancellation & No Show Policy
All course registrations are non-refundable. No refunds or credits will be issued due to Cancellations or no-shows. No Exceptions! Thank you for your cooperation.
Course Expectations & Full Policy
__Student Must have Active NMLS#
__Student Must be able to provide a valid Government Photo ID
__Student must provide Last 4 digits of SS#
__Student must comply with policy, procedures and nmls code of conduct